823 Main St.
Boyceville, WI
(715) 280-3238

West CAP provides food to low-income individuals and families in need through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).  Food is distributed from our Food Access and Resources Center, located at 823 Main Street, Boyceville.

Are you looking for FoodShare/SNAP Benefits? We do not process those applications. The State of Wisconsin does.
We suggest you follow this external link to find out if you’re eligible based on your income. Then visit the ACCESS website to learn about and apply for Wisconsin state benefits like FoodShare as well as BadgerCare, Medicare, Medicaid.  Choose “Apply for Benefits” on their website. You can see what health, nutrition, and other benefits or programs you may be able to get based on the information you provide. This Guide for Applying for WI Benefits can help.

Who is eligible for West CAP’s Food Pantry?

This pantry serves the residents of the Boyceville and Glenwood City Area School Districts, including areas in Connorsville, Wheeler, Wilson, Hersey, Downing, and Emerald. You are eligible to obtain groceries once per month if your gross household income does not exceed 200% of the poverty level. Check the eligibility income guidelines for more information.

How does it work?

Recipients of the pantry can stop by during distribution hours, which are Thursdays from 1pm-7pm.  Eligible patrons come inside and shop for food items, much like a regular grocery store.  Foods available include an assortment of canned goods, cereals, meat, frozen foods, fruits, vegetables, and a variety of personal care items.

The amount of food available is intended to meet you/your family’s nutritional needs for a period of 3-5 days.  We have volunteers to help answer questions and describe the items available to you.

How to apply?

If you’re a first-time patron, you can come to the pantry during our distribution hours on Thursdays.  You will need an ID, proof of address, and proof of all persons residing at your address for the application. After applying, you will be assigned a family ID number for return visits and can visit up to every other week.

West CAP oversees the distribution of TEFAP foods to 39 additional pantry outlets as well.  Click here for a list of hunger relief agencies across west central Wisconsin and Shelters that provide TEFAP Supplements.


For more information on how to receive food assistance or about West CAP’s food assistance programs, please contact Melissa Larson, Food Access & Resources Manager by phone at 715-977-1191 or e-mail mlarson@wcap.org.


West CAP & USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. West CAP has limited English translation and alternative communication resources. Please contact the program staff for assistance or contact West CAP Limited English Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at 715-598-4750, jrudiger@wcap.org.To assist us in complying with all applicable equal opportunity rules, regulations and guidelines, please contact West CAP’s Equal Opportunity Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at 715-598-4750, jrudiger@wcap.org. You are encouraged to discuss any perceived discrimination problems in employment or service delivery. Information about discrimination complaint resolution process is available to you upon request.  To file a program discrimination complaint directly with USDA, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

fax: (202) 690-7442; or

email: intake@usda.gov.

West CAP & USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.