Polk County Website: https://www.polkcountywi.gov/

Human Services/Economic Support: (715) 485-8400


Northwoods: (715) 268-5730 or (715) 554-0137, located in Amery and Luck – http://northwoodsshelters.org/

Serenity House: (715) 485-1221, located at 200 Polk County Plaza, Balsam Lake

CRA – Community Referral Agency: (715) 825-4414, located in Milltown

Amery Housing Authority: (715) 268-2500, located at 300 N Harriman Ave, Amery

Clear Lake Housing Authority: (715) 263-3370, located in Clear Lake

Frederic Housing Authority: (715) 327-8490, located at 104 3rd Ave S, Frederic

Luck Housing Authority: (715) 472-2032, located at 416 First St, Luck

Osceola Housing Authority: (715) 294-3629, located at 602 3rd Ave E #131, Osceola

Polk County Housing Authority – (715) 294-4243, located at 403 2nd Ave. E, Osceola

Polk County Rural Development: (715) 635-8228

Rental Housing List – www.WIHousingSearch.org

The Fair Housing Council – (414) 278-1240 – www.fairhousingwisconsin.com

Rural Housing – 888-400-5974 – http://www.wisconsinruralhousing.org/

Foundation for Rural Housing – (608) 238-3448
Helps with Rent, Security Deposit, Mortgage, Utility, Home Repair, Property Taxes, etc.

Rental Housing List: www.WIHousingSearch.org

The Fair Housing Council: (414) 278-1240 – www.fairhousingwisconsin.com

Tenant Resource Center: (877) 238-7368

Landlord/Tenant Rights Office: (800) 422-7128

Mental Health & Counseling

If you are in immediate crisis, please call, text, or chat:


National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, available 24/7

Your call will be routed to the crisis center nearest to your area.  It is available to anyone in emotional distress. 

If you have a mental health provider, please contact his/her office directly for help. If you do not have a mental health provider, please call 911 and ask to speak with a behavioral health worker. You will be connected with a tele-crisis worker.

Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Northwest WI
100 Polk County Plaza, #60 Balsam Lake, WI 54810
(877) 485-2372

County Veterans Service Office
100 Polk County Plaza, Suite 70 Balsam Lake, WI 54810
(715) 485-9243

Polk County Behavioral Health Department
100 Polk County Plaza, Suite 50 Balsam Lake, WI  54810
(715) 485-8400

Thoen Counseling Services

307 N Cascade St, Osceola, WI 54020

(612) 554-8914

LifeStance Health

215 W Main St #205, Balsam Lake, WI 54810

(715) 338-3133

Hope Road Wellness Center, LLC

107 Hope Rd W, Frederic, WI 54837

(715) 869-6484

Inner Peak Counseling and Consulting LLC

203 Riverside Blvd, Amery, WI 54001

(715) 994-2776

River Valley Renewal Counseling and Wellness Center

809 US-8, St Croix Falls, WI 54024

(715) 483-7300

St. Croix Valley Counseling, LLC

102 N Washington St Suite 107, St Croix Falls, WI 54024

(715) 961-1055

Peace Tree Counseling LLC

108 Chieftain St, Osceola, WI 54020

(715) 417-3241

Midwest Psychological Services

825 US-8, St Croix Falls, WI 54024

(715) 381-1980

Amery Hospital & Clinic Behavioral Health Center

230 Deronda St, Amery, WI 54001

(715) 268-0060

Aging and Disability

ADRC – Aging & Disability Resource Center: (715) 485-8449 – http://www.adrcnwwi.org/

Center for Independent Living: (715) 736-1800 – http://www.cilww.com/index.html

Social Security Administration – 800-772-1213 – http://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount/


Job Center: (715) 485-9512 855-792-5439

Job Center of Wisconsin: Offers job seekers various tools, such as career planning, resume writing, and training/education. Site also includes a job search tool. 

Workforce Resource – (715) 234-6302 – http://www.workforceresource.org/home.php

People Ready Staffing Agency – 715-234-4889  http://www.peopleready.com/

Financial Counseling – (715) 456-4907 – http://www.klenzfinancialcounseling.com/

Family Means – 651-439-4840 | 800-327-3203 –https://www.familymeans.org/budget-credit-counseling.html


Legal Online Resources for Self-Represented Parties

Judicare – (800) 472-1638 – https://www.judicare.org/
Provides free civil legal services to low-income persons living in Northern Wisconsin and Native Americans statewide.

Internet Access

Affordable Connectivity Program
Service discount up to $30/month, Service discount up to $75/month on qualifying Tribal lands, Device discount up to $100 for a qualifying device. Eligibility is based on household income. If you, your child or dependent are enrolled in Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, or others, you likely qualify. Go to GetInternet.gov to apply or click here to see if your current internet provider is participating in the program.

T-Mobile Project 10Million – Free Hotspots & Home Internet to Eligible K-12 Student Families
Project 10Million by T-Mobile is a five-year commitment to help bridge the homework gap and support remote learning by offering free internet and mobile hotspots for 10 million eligible households. Includes free hotspots with 100GBs of mobile data each year for five years, plus access to at-cost laptops and tablets, to 10 million eligible k-12 students. Enrollment is open through August 30, 2024. Go to Free Internet for Students: Project 10Million | T-Mobile to learn more or to apply.

Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive a discount on your monthly service and associated equipment.
Web: getemergencybroadband.org

Veterans Services

Veteran’s Office: (715) 485-9243

Garske’s Veteran Services – (715) 523-2304 – http://www.garskesveteranservices.com/ 

Substance Abuse for Veterans: https://www.help.org/substance-abuse-rehab-for-veterans/