WPR News article -“More Supplemental Food Available For Seniors – USDA Program Expands To Include Northwestern Wisconsin” – June 24, 2016

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low income adults age 60+ years by supplementing their diets with nutritious foods.

Who is eligible?

Any senior that is age 60 or older and has a gross monthly income that is less or equal to CSFP income guidelines below:

Household Size Monthly Income
One $1,383
Two $1,868
Three $2,353
Four $2,839
Each additional
 Add $486

How does CSFP work?

CSFP provides a monthly supplemental food package that will typically include: canned fruit and vegetables, dry or canned milk, cheese, canned meat, peanut butter or dried beans, cereal and grains, rice, instant potatoes or pasta.

How to apply for CSFP?

Fill out pre-registration forms at designated host sites or call below to pre-register. Take proof of address and knowledge of your gross monthly income. After you are signed up you will be able to pick up your commodities once per month at designated sites, or you can send a proxy to pick up on your behalf. Distribution sites include: Glenwood City, Hudson, Prairie Farm, Ellsworth, River Falls, Plum City, Osceola, Frederic, Clear Lake, Woodville, Barron, and Menomonie.

To sign up for the CSFP program, contact Melissa Larson, Food Access & Resource Manager at 715-977-1191, or email mlarson@wcap.org.

West CAP is an equal opportunity organization and no otherwise qualified applicant for service or service participant shall be excluded for participation, be denied benefits, or otherwise be subject to discrimination in any manner or on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, religion, age, political belief or affiliation, disability or association with a person with a disability. This policy covers eligibility for the access to service delivery, and treatment in all of the programs and activities.

West CAP & USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. West CAP has limited English translation and alternative communication resources. Please contact the program staff for assistance or contact West CAP Limited English Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at 715-265-4271, jrudiger@wcap.org.

To assist us in complying with all applicable equal opportunity rules, regulations and guidelines, please contact West CAP’s Equal Opportunity Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at 715-265-4271, jrudiger@wcap.org. You are encouraged to discuss any perceived discrimination problems in employment or service delivery. Information about discrimination complaint resolution process is available to you upon request.

To file a program discrimination complaint directly with USDA, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  • fax: (202) 690-7442; or

West CAP & USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

Spanish – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP

Hmong – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP

Somali – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP