West CAP has limited funding available to help low-income working families acquire a low-interest loan to purchase a late-model, fuel-efficient car through the JumpStart Program.
West CAP’s JumpStart Program provides:
- $1,000 toward the purchase price of a car
- Access to a low interest, 60-month car Loan through WestConsin Credit Union (WCU)
- A “Vehicle Maintenance Savings Account” managed by WCU for ongoing maintenance and minor repairs over the life of the car loan
- Access to a West CAP “Major Repair” fund for expensive repairs if needed during the 60-month loan period and approved by West CAP for well-maintained vehicles
- Possible financial or other assistance during the life of the loan to help JumpStart customers keep their cars through temporary periods of financial difficulty
Applicants must reside in West CAP’s seven county service area: St. Croix, Pierce, Pepin, Dunn, Chippewa, Barron or Polk Counties and be at or below 80% of County Median Income by household size. Applicants must also be able to afford a car payment and insurance, including 5% down and a $500 program participation fee at the loan closing.