Senior Farmers’ Market Vouchers are offered to seniors to purchase fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs from certified farmers. The vouchers are provided by a grant from USDA Food and Nutrition Service and brought to you by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and local partner groups.

Who is eligible?

Any senior that is age 60 or older and has a gross monthly income that is less or equal to SFMNP income guidelines below may qualify for $25.00 in free vouchers to be used at certified farmers’ markets and roadside stands that display a yellow vendor sign.

Household Size Monthly Income
One $2,096
Two $2,823
Three $3,551
Four $4,279
Five $5,006
Six $5,734
Seven $6,462




How do the vouchers work?

You can take your vouchers to any participating farmers’ market or roadside stand. Nearly every county in the state has at least one participating market. You can even take them with you when you are traveling throughout the state. Look for the yellow sign on the stands that states they accept vouchers.

Change will not be given if you buy less than the amount of the voucher(s). If the price of what you buy is higher than the amount of the voucher(s), you can make up the difference with cash or another check. You cannot give your voucher(s) to someone else.

Why can I buy only locally grown produce with my Senior Farmers’ Market vouchers?

One goal of the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is to increase the use of farmers markets in order to support the local economy. Eating locally grown produce from farmers’ markets:

  • Gives you an opportunity to purchase fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs
  • Supports small family farms in Wisconsin and neighboring communities
  • Invests directly in your community
  • Allows for crops to be harvested at the best time for freshness, which improves the nutritional quality and flavor of produce
  • Provides you with produce that was grown with fewer pesticides

How to apply for Senior Farmers’ Market vouchers?

Contact Melissa Larson, Food Access & Resources Manager at 715-280-3238, or email her at

You may sign up directly at your local Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC office). If you live in West CAP’s service area, see below for the contact numbers you may call to learn how to sign up locally in your county of residence:

Barron County : 715-537-6225

Chippewa County: 715-726-7777

Dunn County: 715-232-4006

Pepin County : 715-672-8945

Pierce County: 715-273-6780

Polk County: 877-485-2372

St. Croix County: 715-381-4360

  • The vouchers are in $5 increments and change cannot be given back. If items cost more than the $5 vouchers you can use cash or EBT benefits to make up the difference.  You can use all $25 at once or spread the 5($5.00) vouchers out throughout the summer.
  • All vouchers must be used by October 31.
  • Vouchers cannot be used at a grocery store.
  • All items purchased with the vouchers must be Wisconsin grown and non-processed fruits and vegetables. Meats, processed food and decorative flowers cannot be purchased with the vouchers.

West CAP is an equal opportunity organization and no otherwise qualified applicant for service or service participant shall be excluded for participation, be denied benefits, or otherwise be subject to discrimination in any manner or on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, religion, age, political belief or affiliation, disability or association with a person with a disability. This policy covers eligibility for the access to service delivery, and treatment in all of the programs and activities.

West CAP & USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. West CAP has limited English translation and alternative communication resources. Please contact the program staff for assistance or contact West CAP Limited English Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at

To assist us in complying with all applicable equal opportunity rules, regulations and guidelines, please contact West CAP’s Equal Opportunity Coordinator, Jessica Rudiger, at You are encouraged to discuss any perceived discrimination problems in employment or service delivery. Information about discrimination complaint resolution process is available to you upon request.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Spanish – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP

Hmong – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP

Somali – Nondiscrimination Statement TEFAP