The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) for St. Croix County will be administered by West CAP at 525 Second Street, Glenwood City, WI 54013 for Federal Fiscal Year 2020.
If you are a St. Croix county resident and have a No Heat Emergency at a time when our office is not open, please call the Sherriff’s Department at 1-800-281-3478. They will contact the appropriate department on your behalf.
WHEAP provides eligible households heating assistance, non-heat electric assistance, emergency services, and furnace assistance. The regular WHEAP season runs from October 1, 2019 through May 15, 2020, with Weatherization extending to September 30, 2020. Please be aware that funds are limited. Applications will be accepted in the following formats;
- If you have not applied for Energy Assistance in St Croix County previously, please contact our agency to set up an in person appointment. Face-to-face appointments will be offered by request 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on the dates and locations listed below. Please do not contact our partner agencies directly for information or appointments – call West CAP at 715-265-4271 Press “0” to schedule your appointment.
*St. Croix County Services Center, 1752 Dorset Ln, New Richmond
October 2, 2019, November 6, 2019, December 4, 2019, January 8, 2020, February 5, 2020, March 4, 2020, and April 1, 2020CANCELED.
*St. Croix County Government Center, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson
Otober 16, 2019, November 20, 2019, December 18, 2019, January 22, 2020, February 19, 2020, March 18, 2020 and April 15, 2020CANCELED.
- For households that have previously received benefits, paper applications are available at West CAP, 525 Second Street, Glenwood City or contact West CAP at 715-265-4271 to have an application mailed or applications are available to download and print – click here.
- We will make every attempt to see unscheduled applicants but based on volume and staff availability you may be asked to make an appointment.
GROSS INCOME GUIDELINES FOR THE 2019-2020 WHEAP SEASON
60 PERCENT OF STATE MEDIAN INCOME
Size of ONE ANNUAL
Family MONTH INCOME
1 2,389.42 28,673.0
2 3,124.67 37,496.00
3 3,859.83 46,318.00
4 4,595.08 55,141.00
5 5,330.33 63,964.00
At a minimum, the following verifications are required to apply:
- Photo ID, Social Security numbers, Alien Status card or Immigration papers, and proof of residency.
- Proof of all earned and unearned income including self employment for the previous 3 months prior to application date (Ex: apply in October – need income for July, August, & September).
- If you pay child support, provide evidence of support paid for the 3 months prior to application for energy assistance.
- If you are a renter please provide a copy of your lease with type of heat and landlord name, address and phone number.