The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) for Pepin County will be administered by West CAP at 525 Second Street, Glenwood City, WI 54013 for Federal Fiscal Year 2020.
If you are a Pepin county resident and have a No Heat Emergency at a time when our office is not open, please call the Sheriff’s Department at 1-715-672-5944.
They will contact the appropriate department on your behalf.
WHEAP provides eligible households heating assistance, non-heat electric assistance, emergency services, and furnace assistance. The regular WHEAP season runs from October 1, 2019 through May 15, 2020, with Weatherization extending to September 30, 2020. Please be aware that funds are limited. Applications will be accepted in the following formats;
- If you have not applied for Energy Assistance in Pepin County previously, please contact our agency to set up an in person appointment. Face-to-face appointments will be offered by request 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on the dates and locations listed below. Please do not contact our partner agencies directly for information or appointments – call West CAP at 715-265-4271 Press “0” to schedule your appointment.
*Pepin County Department of Human Services, 740 7th Ave, Durand, WI
October 9, 2019, November 13, 2019, December 11, 2019, and January 15, 2019
- For households that have previously received benefits, paper applications are available at West CAP, 525 Second Street, Glenwood City or contact West CAP at 715-265-4271 to have an application mailed or applications are available to download and print – click here.
- We will make every attempt to see unscheduled applicants but based on volume and staff availability you may be asked to make an appointment.
GROSS INCOME GUIDELINES FOR THE 2019-2020 WHEAP SEASON
60 PERCENT OF STATE MEDIAN INCOME
Size of ONE ANNUAL
Family MONTH INCOME
1 2,389.42 28,673.00
2 3,124.67 37,496.00
3 3,859.83 46,318.00
4 4,595.08 55,141.00
5 5,330.33 63,964.00
At a minimum, the following verifications are required to apply:
- Photo ID, Social Security numbers, Alien Status card or Immigration papers, and proof of residency.
- Proof of all earned and unearned income including self employment for the previous 3 months prior to application date (Ex: apply in October – need income for July, August, & September).
- If you pay child support, provide evidence of support paid for the 3 months prior to application for energy assistance.
- If you are a renter please provide a copy of your lease with type of heat and landlord name, address and phone number.