SOAR – SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, & Recovery
SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) is a national project supported by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) that is designed to increase access to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) for eligible adults who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a mental illness, medical condition, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Acts as representative for claim
- Completes assessments with applicants
- Collects all medical records
- Writes Medical Summary Report
- Completes all applications
Individuals interested in the SOAR program must meet all 3 requirements to qualify…
- Must be homeless or imminently homeless
- Must have a physical or psychological disability
- Must reside in one of the following counties
If you meet all 3 requirements and are interested in applying for the SOAR program fill out an application and send to: West CAP, Attn: Kristina Bechtel, PO Box 308, Glenwood City, WI 54013.