The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) for St. Croix County will be administered by West CAP at 525 Second Street, Glenwood City, WI 54013 for Federal Fiscal Year 2017.
If you are a St. Croix county resident and have a No Heat Emergency at a time when our office is not open, please call the Sherriff’s Department at 1-800-281-3478. They will contact the appropriate department on your behalf.
WHEAP provides eligible households heating assistance, non-heat electric assistance, emergency services, and furnace assistance. The regular WHEAP season runs from October 1, 2016 through May 15, 2017, with Weatherization extending to September 30, 2017. Funds are limited. Applications will be accepted in various formats;
- Paper applications – available at West CAP, 525 Second Street, Glenwood City or contact West CAP at 715-265-4271 Ext 1324 to have an application mailed.
- If you have not applied for Energy Assistance in St. Croix County in previous years please contact our agency as we will need to set up an appointment.
- Applications are available to download and print – click here.
- Individual interviews will be scheduled by calling 715-265-4271 Ext 1324. Our agency will make every attempt to see walk-ins face-to-face, but based on volume and staff availability; West CAP reserves the right to provide a paper application with instructions if necessary.
- Face-to-face appointments will be offered by request 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on the dates and locations listed below. Please do not contact our partner agencies directly for information or appointments – call West CAP at 715-265-4271 ext 1324 to schedule your appointment.
St. Croix County Department Health & Human Services, 1725 Dorset Lane, New Richmond
-October 12,2016, November 9, 2016, December 14, 2016, January 11, 2017, February 8, 2017, March 8, 2017, April 12, 2017, May 10, 2017
St. Croix County Government Center, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson
-October 27, 2016, November 17, 2016, December 8, 2016, January 18, 2017, February 15, 2017, May 9, 2017
GROSS INCOME GUIDELINES FOR THE 2016-2017 WHEAP SEASON
60 PERCENT OF STATE MEDIAN INCOME
Size of ONE THREE ANNUAL
Family MONTH MONTH INCOME
1 2,181.00 6,544.00 26,174.00
2 2,852.00 8,557.00 34,228.00
3 3,524.00 10,571.00 42,282.00
4 4,195.00 12,584.00 50,336.00
5 4,866.00 14,597.00 58,389.00
6 5,537.00 16,611.00 66,443.00
At a minimum, the following verifications are required to apply:
- Photo ID, Social Security numbers, Alien Status card or Immigration papers, and proof of residency.
- Proof of income for the previous 3 months prior to application date. (Ex: apply in October – need income for July, August & September)
- Proof of all earned and unearned income, and self employment, for the three months prior to the month of application. If you pay child support, provide evidence of support paid for the 3 months prior to application for energy assistance.